Sunday, August 8, 2010

Tool #11

Digital Citizenship is going to a big part of technology use in the classroom. I think it’s something to emphasis from the very beginning of the school year. The same way we review and practice daily routines and procedures, I believe we should do the same with digital citizenship. Most people would agree that it is crucial for the upgrades to focus on this, but I believe it is just as important if not more important for the lower grades too. If we can instill these practices at an early age it will be a good foundation for the kids.

Three things I would want my kids to understand about being good digital citizens are:
1. Safety and Security
2. Etiquette and Communication -Respecting each others opinions and creations
3. Responsibility and Rights

No comments:

Post a Comment